We’ve also added dozens of premier faceted rondelles to our inventory. These rondelles are cut from high quality rough material, and come in some of our most popular stone types-- sapphire, blue apatite, chrysoprase and aquamarine.
Since it may have been a while since you’ve tried large hole beads, we’re sharing one of Kayla’s versatile large hole designs.
Large Hole & Leather Bracelet
- 2 meters 2mm Leather USA leather cord
- 5 or 6-4 inch pieces 20 gauge Beadalon wire
- 1-8" strand 8mm Dakota Stones Large Hole Beads
- 1-10mm large hole bead or button for clasp
1. Cut your 2mm leather in half. Using one of the cords, thread your button or bead to the center of your cord. Hold your button or bead and one end of the other 2mm cord together and tie an overhand knot. Secure the bead or button to the clipboad.
2. Using a flat nose pliers, bend one of the ends of each of the pieces of wire into a hook.
3. Thread a large hole bead onto each of the leather cords. Start to braid the cords pushing the beads up to a cluster. You can braid as tight or as loose as you want.
4. Once you have braided the cord about a half an inch, use one of the pieces of wire to gather the three cords together. You can use your pliers to hold the wire in place as you wrap the wire around the cording. You can wrap the wire tightly into a coil 3-4 times and cut excess with your wire cutter or you can use all of the wire and overlap the wire making a messy wrap. Either way, make sure to use your chain nose pliers to tuck in the end of the wire to prevent sharpness on your wrist.
5. Repeat steps 3 & 4 at least three times or more, depending on the desired length or wrist size. The final braid extends to an inch. Fold the braid over and hold it at the last wire wrap to make sure that the button or bead will fit in between the braided loop.
6. Using your final piece of wire, wrap the loop over the other wire wrap to secure the six cords together.
7. Lastly, thread a bead onto each of the cord ends and tie each off into an overhand knot. Secure with glue and cut the excess cord.
© Dakota Stones. All RIghts Reserved. Wholesale Gemstones Beads Supplier and Distributor